Emergency Dentistry Near You
No one wishes for an emergency, but they’re bound to happen now and again. When they do, it’s crucial to know that you can access the health care you need and quickly.
Our local dental clinic offers emergency dentistry in Calgary to all patients. Whether you’re dealing with a cracked or missing tooth, or need an urgent root canal, we are here to help. Give us a call to learn more.
What is Emergency Dentistry?
Emergency dentistry in Calgary entails addressing serious injuries and accidents to your teeth, gums, and even your lips, cheeks, and tongue. The sooner you seek out care, the less potential there is for complications to develop.
With that said, sometimes it can be hard to know what a dental emergency encompasses and if we truly need to seek help. For your convenience, listed below are the dental emergencies that dental professionals deal with on a daily basis:
- Severe bleeding or pain.
- Fractured teeth.
- An infection, abscess, or cyst. (An abscess is an infection filled with pus; a cyst is a sac of abnormal cells. Both these things can form anywhere on your body).
- Broken orthodontics.
- Your tooth’s been dislodged.
- A dental crown, bridge, or filling has become loose or fallen out.
- Root canal therapy.
- Immediate tooth extractions.
When you come in for treatment, always be sure to tell your dentist the details of what’s happened. This will help them identify the most appropriate course of action to get your oral health back to where it should be. They’ll also conduct a thorough examination of your mouth and take multiple x-rays to understand the extent of damage that’s occurred.
For more information about emergency dentistry near you, speak to your general dentist. They’ll be able to answer any queries you have.
How to Avoid the Need for Emergency Dentistry in Calgary
The definition of an emergency is an unexpected situation that demands an urgent solution. Even though we cannot always anticipate when such an event will occur, there are always precautions we can take to prevent them.
Here are some simple, yet effective steps you can do to protect your smile:
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports, especially high-contact sports like football, basketball, and hockey.
- Wear a night guard. This will help prevent bruxism or the grinding and clenching of your teeth while you sleep.
- Brush and floss regularly!
- Don’t use your teeth to open packages.
- Don’t chew on hard things like pencils or ice.
- Attending biannual dental checkups and cleanings.
If you’re seeking emergency dentistry near you, come to Comfort Family Dental. We’ll do everything we can to restore the beauty and functionality of your smile. Call or come by our dental practice today!