Dental Implants Near You
Are you missing teeth? Are you having trouble chewing and even speaking because of it? Are you feeling self-conscious about your smile? If so, you may want to consider receiving dental implants. This treatment is a fantastic way to boost your oral health and keep it that way now and further down the road.
Here at our local dental practice, we offer treatment for dental implants in Calgary. For more information about this, contact us today.
Dental Implants Explained
A dental implant is a fabricated device that acts as a replacement root. It is surgically inserted into your jawbone and provides support to your teeth. They also help restore the shape of your face.
Three parts make up a single implant: the screw, the abutment, and the prosthetic. The screw and the abutment are created from titanium, a biocompatible material. This means that it won’t irritate your gums or your bone. The prosthetic is what will be visible in your mouth.
One implant is used to replace one tooth. You can receive multiple dental implants.
Although receiving dental implants in Calgary is a great strategy to keep in mind, in order for this process to be as successful as possible, you need to have healthy gum tissue and a strong jaw. In some cases, a bone graft may be necessary beforehand.
Benefits of Dental Implant Surgery
Many benefits come with receiving dental implants, and the main ones are outlined below for your convenience:
- You can treat them like your natural teeth. This means you can eat, brush, and floss without worry.
- They are considered a permanent solution.
- They help reduce bone loss by stimulating cell growth.
- Implants provide support to your neighboring teeth. They also stop them from shifting out of position and into the space left behind, which can impact your bite.
- You’ll look younger!
- You’ll experience a significant, and therefore noticeable boost in your overall oral hygiene!
- Only two appointments are required to have them placed.
If you have any concerns or questions about this avenue of treatment, let your dentist know. They will help you identify whether you’re a suitable candidate for this process or if another route of care would be better.
At Comfort Family Dental, we provide dental implants near you. Our dentists are skilled and efficient, and they will do everything they can to make sure you remain relaxed during your visit. Call, go to our website, or come in to set up a consultation. We’re looking forward to working with you soon!